May 16, 2022
Twitter boss hits back on Musk doubts over fake accounts
The head of Twitter has hit back after billionaire Elon Musk said his $44bn deal to buy the platform was "On hold" while he sought more details about fake accounts. Analysts have speculated that Mr Musk may be looking for ways to renegotiate the price of the deal or walk away. On Friday, Mr Musk said he had put the deal on hold pending information "Supporting [the] calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users". Twitter's board approved the takeover last month, but the deal was not expected to be completed for months. In a series of tweets last week discussing his decision to fire top executives, Mr Agrawal acknowledged the risk that the deal might not move forward.
Make a complaint about Twitter by viewing their customer service contacts.