May 28, 2021
Nike says it split with Neymar over sexual assault investigation
EPA. US sportswear giant Nike says it stopped working with Brazilian footballer Neymar because he "Refused to co-operate in a good faith investigation" into an allegation of sexual assault against an employee. The alleged incident happened in 2016 and was reported to Nike in 2018. A spokeswoman for Neymar said he denied the sexual assault and split with Nike last year for commercial reasons. Nike parted ways with Neymar in August 2020, ending one of its most high-profile sponsorship deals. Nike said the employee reported the allegations in 2018 but initially wanted to avoid an investigation and keep it confidential.
Make a complaint about Nike by viewing their customer service contacts.